Action Your Best Year Yet
As it’s getting towards the end of the year, it is always a good idea to review the months that have past.
Ask yourself questions such as:
- Have I achieved the goals I set out to?
- Am I generally happy with my success, happiness and balance in life?
- Has this year been different to the year before, or have I lived the same year twice, with no real changes?
- What am I most proud of from this past year?
- What am I disappointed with?
- Have I lived the year to my fullest potential?
- Am I living a life I truly love?
When you carry out this exercise you may find yourself congratulating yourself on how much progress you have made, or most likely you may be frowning because it didn’t quite work out as you had hoped.
This is also the time to look ahead to a new year. A year where you should be looking to make it your best yet!
- What do I want to achieve next year?
- What is success to me?
- What kind of life would I truly love?
- What do I truly want to do?
We all know deep down that we can achieve whatever we put our minds to. However with that understanding, we must recognise and acknowledge that what we achieve will simply boil down to what we are prepared to do – ACTION!
To live a better life, to achieve our goals, to feel and be successful, means we have to step outside our comfort zones and move past the fear holding us back.
The only obstacle between where you are now and where you want to be is YOU…
Instead of looking for problems and reasons for not acting, look for the positives and the reasons to act.
Make a plan and break it down in to task you need to take daily. Make a commitment – tell yourself “I absolutely must do….” Don’t give yourself an excuse.
If you really want to get ahead but realise you need someone to help you over those obstacles, then look at getting a coach. Just like a coach works with top athletes – you’ll find yourself taking action that you would normally put off – that takes you out of your comfort zone, in to a higher level of performance and achievement.
To get your new year off to a flying start, why not take a look at our signature Peak Performance Life Coaching Programme – Build A Better Me – a 5 week transformational Programme